Monday, December 12, 2011

A few Things


I hope each one of you is doing well! As for me, I feel so blessed by the church I am able to be a part of and serve over here, but I am also incredibly blessed by the church I have back in Blacksburg and the many friends I have scattered about in Virginia and other places who will be receiving this. It is such a blessing to partner with you for the building up of Christ’s Church, and for the glory of God in the proclamation of the Gospel. Thank you all again so very much for your support, and your prayers. I cannot say enough how much they are appreciated!

I want to update you on two fronts. 1) Outreach over Christmas 2) Outreach in the New Year.

Outreach over Christmas – The church has bought several hundred copies of the Christmas edition of a Christian newspaper called the “Evangelical Times” and stamped each copy with the church’s name and address. Now we plan to distribute them in the neighborhoods around the community centre where we meet, and I am coordinating the distribution. Please pray that God may be pleased to use these to bring some people, in the surrounding area, to come and visit us.

Outreach in the New Year – The church is running one and maybe two Christianity Explored courses starting in January. Christianity Explored is an evangelistic Bible study that was developed in England and which the church has used before. For more information follow the link to the church’s web page describing a typical evening. GPC’s Christianity Explored. I will be helping with these and my housemates and I may even be hosting one in our house. We have some people that have already shown interest, but please pray for them and others to come, and regularly. Also pray for boldness amongst our members as we invite people.

As for me personally, I am doing very well. God has blessed my time here in ways that are greater than I could have asked or imagined, but not always the ways I had in mind. He has also been really deepening my heart for this country and the great need there is here for good churches!  For Christmas I will be going home with one of my housemates to Northern Ireland. I wish each one of you a Merry Christmas. Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment