Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Finially...an Update!!!!

Well it has been a while since I posted anything. I have been focusing on graduating and spending some time with friends that I will likely not see very much of anymore. However, I am now graduated, my fulltime job is fundraising, and as I was told by one of the RUF interns at Virginia Tech getting from $0 to, wherever fully funded is, is definitely a fulltime job.

In any case, I want to bring you all up to speed on where I am and what I am doing. The good news is that I have now raised all of my one-time expenses and about two months worth of my monthly expenses. The challenge is that that means I now have nine months worth of support to raise. One month of support equals $3,744. I know that some of you have wondered why I have to raise so much (now $51,000,) but the more I understand the process the more I understand that it all has a purpose. If any of you have more questions about this please feel free to send my an email. Also know that MTW is willing to be flexible about some stuff as I get closer. Another point is that I am not going to get rich off of this. My total salary, including housing and food etc. is only 14,000 pounds or around$ 23,000 or 1,972 pounds ($3,183) per month.  

Also, I am now planning to get to the UK in early September rather than early August. The long and the short of this is that I now have three months to raise the rest of my support. I was look at it yesterday and this means that I need to get 21 people each of those months to commit to $50/month (or $550) or the equivalent to this in smaller or on time gifts. When I look at it this way it seems very manageable...if not easy.

So hopeful the nuts and bolts of my situation were not too boring, but the reason I have gone into some detail is because you all are my partners in this. “Support team” is not just a nice term. So I would urge you to be in prayer for me and my support raising in the following ways.

1.      Pray that my focus would be on God and that my time with Him would be sweet and encouraging. ONLY He can bring in the necessary funds!
2.      Pray that God would move in people’s hearts to see the need in England and to see that they can be a real part of what God is doing by supporting me.
3.      Pray for patience for me.
4.      Pray for Gatehead Presbyterian Church and their desire to buy a building.
5.      Pray for them as they reach out to their community
6.      Pray for student at Newcastle University that God would be preparing the ones that He would have me interact with.  

Also, one last request I have of you is to be in prayer about if there are people in your lives that might be interested in supporting me and the work of God in England. If you think of someone please let me know. My email is bwontrop@gmail.com

As the people of God, who had returned from the exile, struggled with discouragement in the face of an unfinished temple and a ruined city, God gave the prophet Zechariah these words, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts…For whoever has despised the day of small things shall rejoice, and shall see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel.” (Zech. 4:6,10)

In the new covenant, individuals are the temple of God and what I will be doing, in part, in England is be a part of God building temples to His glory, but I cannot get there if God first does not raise up the money to make it possible. My prayer is that I would not despise the day of small things, but trust in God. Please join me in that prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment