Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Unis

King's Gate: a relatively new building on Newcastle University's Campus. It is basically the student services building.

Looking up into the main central part of the Newcastle University Campus

The Student Union Building

Really up until this past weekend it was looking like I was not getting anywhere with the Universities or “Unis.” I had tried pretty much everything I could and still hadn’t heard back from the leaders of the Christian Unions. However, through God’s providence, prayer was answered, and we are now signed up to participate in the “Church Search” Programs at both the University of Northumbria and at Newcastle University! This means that for the next 4 weeks (starting on Sunday) we will show up at the Student Unions and offer rides to students from the Christian Unions who are looking for a church. I am really excited about this!! Please pray that at least a few students will decided to check out GPC. (Gateshead Presbyterian Church)

A Funny Story
            So I went Tuesday to get some fliers printed off for the church searches. The place I was going to was in Gateshead and had done some work for the church before, however when I got there I was told that the place had moved to Annfield Plain. Well Gateshead is really, for the most part, a collection of a number of smaller places so I didn’t even think anything of it and just hopped on a bus headed there. In due course though, I realized that Annfield Plain was a village about 45min. from Gateshead.  Not exactly what I had in mind… I found the shop I was looking for though and since I needed it to be started ASAP I got them to do the printing. However, if there is a next time…I will be looking for a place closer to home. J  (On the plus side I did get some required reading done and got to see a bit of the beautiful countryside, so the time wasn’t totally wasted.)

Check the bottom of the blog for more information

1 comment:

  1. Ha, were you using printmeit? That would have happened to me, BUT I was almost always too scared to take the buses. I am glad y'all got a foot in at the University. I am praying.

    ReplyDelete